Second Annual EAT DRINK LOCAL week
Brought to you by edible magazines and GrowNYC
September 26-October 6, 2010
This harvest-time celebration of the local food chain, in collaboration with Edible magazines across the empire State, celebrates the restaurants, wine shops and wineries, breweries and beer bars, farms and food artisans, cheesemakers, bakers and everyone who feeds us.
Co-produced by Edible magazines and GrowNYC, the aim is threefold:
- To raise awareness about the bounty of products grown in the region.
- To drive customers to the restaurants and other businesses that support local food and drink
- To raise funds for a charitable partner dedicated to promoting regional agriculture.
Some major events planned during the week:
- September 23. An Amish style heirloom vegetable auction to be held at Sotheby’s
- September 25. A Long Island wine auction.
- September 27. The Edible Institute at the New School, a public discourse on urban food issues.
- October 6. The annual, unforgettable, Taste of Greenmarket.
- Throughout the week. Edible programming at the New York Botanical Garden.
- Throughout the summer, the Union Square and Grand Army Plaza Greenmarkets will feature cooking demos from partner chefs, New York wine pourings and other happenings.
Find out more HERE